My colourful world.
Name: Ling Ning
School: NYP, Sch of Life Sci (waiting for NTU)
Pet: Hamham
I am an average girl who luv to slack and hav fun. Please to meet you.
Loves
SHopping until I broke
Eating foreign delicacy
Watching movies
Go overseas such as europe for vacation
Have fun with friends
Hates
Being broke all the time
Being without car licence n a car
Need to go to work all the time
A long journey on the mrt n bus
Being alone
Wishes
Take a vacation around the globe
Climb mount fugi
Travel on river nile
Win 100 million bucks in a lottery
Chat-With-ME
Wayout
Archives
Credits
Have you not heard stories from your parents saying how much we, the children have changed and grew, became rebellious and ignorant of their advises? I even heard a quote that goes like this:
You spend years trying to get them off the ground.
You run with them until you are both breathless. They crash ... they hit the roof ... you patch, comfort and assure them that someday they will fly.
Finally, they are airborne.
They need more string, and you keep letting it out.
They tug, and with each twist of the twine, there is sadness that goes with joy.
The kite becomes more distant, and you know it won't be long before that beautiful creature will snap the lifeline that binds you together and will soar as meant to soar ... free and alone.
Only then do you know that you have done your job.
I know that parents are around to guide us and help us before adulthood. But I also believed that parents are also our guidance throughout life. We need them when we are children, we need them when we get sad, angry or even grief. We also need them when we are married, have children or even when we are in trouble. I find my parents to be priceless, no matter how inexperienced they are in handling us, they are always an asset to me.
Monday, April 12, 2010
, 11:39 PM